Delighted our Coed Y Lan homes have won a Considerate Constructors Scheme Site Award
February 28, 2018
There are some simple things you can do to support vulnerable neighbours and community members through the cold weather. Here is some advice from Age Cymru:
- Help keep their spirits up so they don’t feel lonely and become isolated. Pop in for a chat.
- Make sure they are eating and have essential food items in their cupboard and freezer.
- Offer to get some bits in for them, when you do your own shop. When you drop their shopping you could help pack away, have a natter at the same time.
- Make sure they keep warm. Are they wearing a coat or scarf indoors? This could be a sign that they’re not using their heating for one reason or another. 21°C/70°F is the ideal temperature for their living room, and the rest of the house should be heated to at least 18°C/65°F.
- Encourage them to get a benefits check to make sure they’re claiming everything they’re eligible for. Their local Age Cymru can offer a benefits check as will we if they are a tenant with us.
- Advise them to wear warm clothes in bed. When very cold, wear thermal underwear, bed socks and even a hat – a lot of heat is lost through your head. Several thinner layers are better than one thick layer.
For further information please call Age Cymru Advice: 08000 223 444
← Another Award Winning Scheme! Tenants Content Insurance